Our partners at Parle Endeavors are offering scholarship and grants to eligible high school juniors and seniors.
They will provide 4 scholarships valued at $2,500 each, and 4 grants valued at $2,500 each, to high school students. Winners will also be partnered with a mentor/advisor to help support them through the upcoming year of their journey. The submission deadline is Friday May 26th, 2023. Winners will be announced in June 2023.
Students Apply Here:
Reach out to Kevin Benoit, [email protected], for any additional questions or concerns.
Other reminders, upcoming events, and resources:
*March 8-9 @ 9:30AM-4:30PM (New York, NY): NY Build Expo. Panel discussions and networking event involving construction, engineering, and architecture companies from the tri-state area. More info here: https://www.newyorkbuildexpo.
*March 28 @ 9AM-2PM (New York, NY): Ghandi-King Season for Nonviolence Educational Event. More info here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
*March 29 @ 4PM-5:30PM (Zoom): Industry Access Event with Nickelodeon's Interactive Game Development Team, hosted by The Animation Project. More info here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
*May 26: Deadline for Walter Hunt Scholarship applications. All high school seniors who will be attending an accredited 5-year Bachelor of Architecture program are invited to apply. Scholarships are valued @ $10K. More info here: https://www.
We are excited to announce our NYSACAC Scholarship is now open and accepting applications.
Scholarships will be awarded to deserving students throughout New York State. If you are working with any students who will be starting college or transferring to a new college in Fall 2023 and fit the criteria, we encourage you to nominate them.
To learn more about the NYSACAC scholarship and eligibility requirements, visit: nysacac.org/nysacac-
Please note you must be a NYSACAC member to nominate a student. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
NYSACAC Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs
Meghan DeMayo-Dalen, Suffolk County Community College, SUNY
Robert Kaercher, Byron-Bergen Junior/Senior High School
Please share the below and attached information with graduating 12th graders who are eligible to apply for Yankees-Stonewall Scholarship. This information has been published in P-Digest, and is listed on LGBTQ Support page of the NYC DOE website. The scholarship application period is from February 6th with a deadline of April 10th. The application can be accessed at this link.
2022-23 Yankees-Stonewall Scho
Graduating high school students may apply for the annual Yankees-Stonewall Schol
Created to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Inn uprising and celebrate the achievements of New York City public school students, the Yankees-Stonewall Scholars initiative was announced in September 2018 and named its first class of recipients in the spring of 2019.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- A current senior in high school with at least a 2.5 GPA
- Intending on attending a two-year or four-year college
- Exhibited a commitment to equality, leadership in the area of LGTBQ+ support, and made significant contributions to the LGTBQ+ community
Application asks students for the following components:
- Teacher recommendation letter
- To briefly describe their contribution to the LGBTQ community (example: Did you participate/lead a GSA?)
- To complete two essay prompts (500 words each)
- Prompt #1: Describe a challenge you have faced in your life. This can be a difficult class, a challenge with your friends or family, or a difficulty faced undertaking a project outside of school. Describe why the situation was a challenge and what you did to overcome the challenge.
- Prompt #2: Research the history of the Stonewall Inn. How were the events that transpired during the Stonewall Riots significant to LGBTQ+ History? How are the events significant to you? How do you see yourself making a difference in the LGBTQ+ community in college and beyond? What are your long-term goals and aspirations?
Please email [email protected] with any questions. The application can be accessed at this link.
- Who can apply for the undergraduate scholarship?
- What about financial eligibility?
- How are winners selected?
- How are the scholarships paid?
- Scholarship rules
James F. Rodriguez, Retired Teacher
Toll Free Number: ( 866) 509-5921